Fire Research Summer Intern in US-IL-Northbrook
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Under specific direction from research engineers, assists in researching, setting up, fabricating & installing instrumentation, assist in the conduct of experiments, gathering & processing data, developing and preparing graphs and illustrations for reports. Works closely with research engineers and scientists to ensure that all processes are accurate and technically sound.
- Assists in identifying fundamental knowledge needed to enhance UL’s industry and standards position and support the strategy of the aligned categories.
- Document laboratory procedures, contribute to the preparation of detailed reports, and assess specifications and factors related to the process or design objectives.
- Become familiar with & assist the deployment of hardware and equipment needed for operations, and equipment for general lab and study specific use.
- Assist in the gathering of initial data for projects, and works with Research Engineers and Scientists to evaluate the feasibility of new product testing Standards by applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Location Northbrook, ILEmployment Type Full-TimePay Type YearPay Rate N/AStore Type Other